If you enjoy taking photos and travel then what better way to learn more about your camera and how to take better photographs than on a photography to Marrakech.
Morocco is facinating and bewildering, a land of intense colour and culture and a perfect destination.. a photographers paradise. Marrakech is exiting and enchanting with seething souks, colourful sights, smells and sounds, a real treat for the senses. Marrakech is only 3.5 hours from the UK and offers so much for the photographer: with cameras in hand we spend the next few days exploring this fascinating city. Walking tours around the bustling souks, the imfamous Jemaa el Fna Square full of colourful characters, snake charmers, musicians and acrobats making it a real experience surrounded by noise and activity and just great for pictures. We photograph the Koutoubia Minaret bathed in first light and watch the city come to life. There are palaces and mosques of the Medina as well as the beautiful Majorelle Gardens to photograph. By dusk the Jemaa el Fna is teeming with milling crowds and steam rising from the food stalls.
For a far richer experience of Marrakech we are staying in the Medina, the heart of Marrakech. Our upmarket Riad l’Heure d’Ete is located just a three minute walk from Jemaa el Fna Square and within easy walking distance of many of the photographic opportunities Marrakech has to offer.
Interacting with the locals
- Day 1
- Fly from the UK to Marrakech, Morocco.
- Tansfer to your riad accommodation in the heart of the Medina.
- Once settled into our hotel there may be time to go and take some shots and head out for dinner.
- Day 2
- Breakfast each morning at our riad.
- Photography day with stop for lunch. Today we explore the maze of narrow alleys that make up the souks, these are full of colourful spices, fruits, shiny metalwork, leather and fabric in bright colours. Late afteroon we head to Jemaa el Fna square which is full of life and sound from snake chamers, dancers, acrobats and musicians. As dusk falls smoke fills the air from the street vendors busy cooking amazing food.
- Sunset shoot.
- Each day we meet up for dinner, review and discuss the days shoot.
- Day 3
- Meet for sunrise shoot. (All sunrise shoots are optional during the tour and we return to our Riad for breakfast).
- Photography day with stop for lunch. Today we transfer to Jardin Majorelle. Once the private gardens of Yves Saint Laurent, the gardens are full of tropical flowers, trees, plants and cacti and contrasted against bright coloured buildings, walls and plant pots. Later we head to Medersa Ben Youssef, this magnificent 16th Century building is centred around a large courtyard with central pool. Covered in an abundance of decoration, carved cedarwood, exquisite stuccowork and colourful zellij tiles the buildings are great for patterns and shapes. Please note that tripods are not allowed in Jardin Majorelle and Medersa Ben Youssef.
- Day 4
- Photography day with stop for lunch. Today we head back into the bustling Medina to explore colour and detail of this facinating city. We take our time to explore some of the many mosques of this ancient city, ending up at Koutoubia mosque at dusk to capture it in silhouette as the sun sets.
- Sunset shoot.
- Day 5
- Meet for sunrise shoot.
- Depending on flight times there may be time for some last minute photo opportunities before we transfer to the airport for our departure home.
Suitable for all photographers: Just starting out with a digital SLR or CSC Mirrorless camera? want to improve your photographic skills?
Tuition: Tuition is in the form of in-the-field talks, demonstrations, one-to-ones, review sessions and discussions.
You can learn about: Camera functions and handling; Composition; Exposures; Apertures; Shutter speeds; Depth of Field and Using Filters.
Group size is limited to 5: Small groups mean that you get the best out of a location and receive the personal attention to learn at your own pace.
Marrakech – Dates and Prices
|Travel Dates||Nights||Single Occupancy||Double / Twin Share||Local Payment||Notes|
|Thurs 14 Sept – Mon 18 Sept 2017||4||£1149||£859||450Dh approx£30||Available|
|Thurs 13 Sept – Mon 17 Sept 2018||4||£1249||£959||450Dh approx£30||Available|
Included: Flights, transfers, bed and breakfast accommodation in our lovely Riad in the centre of the Medina, Marrakech, photography tuition and advice throughout the tour. Group size is limited to a maximum of 5 people to enable everyone to receive some one-to-one support.
Not included: Drinks, lunches, evening meals, travel insurance, tips, photographic insurance, city tax (€2.50 pppn).
Flights are from London Gatwick OR London Stansted to Marrakech… Book early to avoid any flight supplements.
If you prefer to organise your own flights and book the tour as a land only package (without flights), please enquire for a quote.